Join the House oF Squirrels
House of Squirrels is a lifestyle brand about sharing recipes, style ideas, beauty secrets, wellness tips, and so much more. We’re thrilled to have you join!
When you turn on your TV, open a newspaper, or flip open your laptop you’re bound to get confusing news about diet and health. Don’t worry. Just remember these key facts.
1. Eating poorly affects our appearance, our energy and comfort.
2. Two out of three people in the U.S. are overweight or obese.
3. Good eating is not a punishment, but the opportunity to live the best life possible.
4. Eating plenty of fruits and veggies is the cornerstone for good health. A diet rich in fruits and vegetables will help control blood pressure, maintain healthy cholesterol levels, keep arteries flexible, protect bones and keep eyes, brain, digestive system and just about every other part of our bodies healthy.
5. Make probiotics a permanent part of your diet. Current research supports that taking a probiotic is the single most important thing one can do to reduce inflammation, improve digestion and boosts ones immunity.
6. “Fat Free” and “Sugar Free” may not be as free as one thinks. When the fat is taken out of a dairy product, the natural milk sugar gets into the bloodstream, sending your body into a fat storing mode. A better choice is 2% dairy. Also, the body cannot process the chemical sweeteners, so they get stored in our fat and impair the bodies ability to release fat for fuel.
7. Practice stress reduction. This lowers our cortisol, the belly-fat-promoting stress hormone.
8. It is true that exercise isn’t necessary to lose weight but it is virtually essential to maintain it! Say goodbye to bad eating habits and, over time, embrace healthier new ones which can be the real pleasure of a happier and healthier life.
We are here for you to guide you to living your best life!
~Kisses Dr. Squirrel