Join the House oF Squirrels
House of Squirrels is a lifestyle brand about sharing recipes, style ideas, beauty secrets, wellness tips, and so much more. We’re thrilled to have you join!
The New Year brings a new beginning and Dr. Squirrel has 10 small steps to get you to better health in 2014. You can do it!!
1. Take a 10 minute walk every day, you will be surprised how fast ten minutes goes by.
2. Give yourself a lift. Lift a heavy book or other object a few times a day to help tone your arm muscles.
3. Eat one extra fruit or vegetable a day. Inexpensive and good for everything from your brain to your bowel.
4. Make breakfast count. Studies show that people who eat breakfast are less likely to be overweight and it sets your metabolism for the day.
5. Stop drinking your calories. Cut out one sugar drink or calorie laden latte. This will save you 100 calories or more a day. In a year this can translate to 10 lb. weight loss.
6. Have a handful of nuts. They are good for your heart. Add them to salads or as a meat substitute for different dishes.
7. Sample fish from the sea once a week. It is good for your heart, brain, and our waistline.
8. Breathe deeply. Try to breathe slowly and deeply for a few minutes a day. This can relax you and lower your blood pressure.
9. Wash your hands. This will protect your heart and health.
10. Count your blessings. Acknowledge your blessings so that you can tap into other positive emotions. This has been linked to better health, longer life, and greater well being.
Aristotle said. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, is not an act, but a habit.” Small steps, sharing our love and power gets into the habit of excellent health.
Happy New Year